This Valentine’s project will steal your heart away! Imagine a picture frame, memory/jewelry box, and a decorated sculpture all in one! Get creative with the whole family or a Valentine’s play date! An awesome project for all ages. Educators will also enjoy using this lesson plan. Watch kids fill it with love!
- A Book about Valentine’s Day
- Oil pastels
- Paint brushes
- Wooden boxesSmall boxes are recommended for toddlers or for large groups (more affordable). Medium size boxes are perfect for 4+. Just enough space to decorate and not too tiring for little hands. Older students have enough area to add details. Large boxes are recommended for 5+. More flexibility for drawing, stamping, and designing.
- Decorations. All for $6 and can decorate up to 6 large boxes.
1. Read a Valentine’s story for inspiration.
2. Paint and/apply oil pastels. Or apply with marker, dip a paintbrush in water, and apply over “markered” surface. This will give a watercolor effect.
3. Have a blast adding decorations!
4. Cut out a picture or make a drawing for the picture frame.
5. Make a special gift and place it in the box.
This sweet project could be completed in a few days. There is no rush!
Day 1: Color the box inside and out using one or a combination of materials. (Paint, oil pastel, and markers). Older children can use a pencil or marker to make a design first.
Day 2: Decorate the box
Day 3: Cut out a photo or make a drawing.Insert into frame.
Day 4: Make jewelry or a special surprise and place it in the box.
Enjoy the project! Let me know if you have any questions.